Schedule & Location
One week of training at WRTP | BIG STEP; 8 – 12 weeks of flexible behind-the-wheel instruction.
New Driver Orientation & Assessment
Introduction to the course and assessment of participants’ driving ability.
Classroom instruction on the operation of a commercial vehicle, including real-life situations and safety practices. Participants will also receive tutoring and other support to help them pass the course.
- Tuesday, January 17, 2023 at 9 AM
- Advance registration is required, and you must attend recruitment to be eligible for training
- CDL Permit required to enter training
- Ability to pass the Department of Transportation’s physical and drug screen
- No more than five points against your driving record in the last five years
- No OWI or DWI in the last five years nor more than one OWI or DWI offense in your license history
- Good driving record (ability to get a CDL)
- Reliable transportation
- Must have CDL Permit
- 6th grade reading and math (TABE test scores)
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED; WALK-INS ARE NOT ACCEPTED. YOU MUST ATTEND RECRUITMENT TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR TRAINING.