Schedule & Location
One week of training at WRTP | BIG STEP and six weeks of behind-the-wheel instruction.
CDL Permit Preparation
Classroom training to prepare for the CDL permit test.
New Driver Orientation & Assessment
Introduction to the course and assessment of participants’ driving ability.
Classroom instruction on the operation of a commercial vehicle, including real-life situations and safety practices. Participants will also receive tutoring and other support to help them pass the course.
- 6th grade reading and math (TABE test scores)
- Good driving record (ability to get a CDL)
- No more than five points against your driving record in the last five years
- No OWI or DWI in the last five years nor more than one OWI or DWI offense in your license history
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to pass the Department of Transportation’s physical and drug screen
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT HAS CLOSED.