Community Resource Navigators (CRNs)
July 2, 2020 @ 3:00 am - July 30, 2020 @ 12:00 pm
Employ Milwaukee is proud to be partnering with the City of Milwaukee, Milwaukee’s Community Development Grants Administration, and Wisconsin Regional Training Partnership/Building Industry Group & Skilled Trades Employment Program- WRTP | BIG STEP to train, employ and deploy more than 100 Community Resource Navigators (CRNs) to aid in addressing the needs of the community during the COVID-19 public health crisis.
With its partner agencies: the City of Milwaukee, Milwaukee’s Community Development Grants Administration, and Wisconsin Regional Training Partnership/Building Industry Group & Skilled Trades Employment Program- WRTP | BIG STEP, Employ Milwaukee is training, employing, and deploying more than 100 individuals to community and neighborhood organizations, churches, shelters, isolation facilities and other public health staging areas to help:
- Mitigate the spread of COVID-19 through the distribution of public health information and resources
- Deliver medicine, food, clothing, shelter, and supplies to older or at-risk individuals
- Aid in contact tracing
- Provide information on how to access mental health resources to individuals suffering from significant additional psychological stress and anxiety about the ongoing public health concerns and their risk of exposure
- Provide information on how to access unemployment benefits, dislocated worker resources, or current job openings
These positions will:
- Last for a duration of 3 – 6 months
- Pay up to $17 an hour
- All work will be part time, but will include supportive services such as transportation and childcare
- Include specialized training on * Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) by City of Milwaukee * Center for Disease Control (CDC) specific COVID-19 recommendations * OSHA 10-Hour General Industry (Healthcare) Course (as needed) * Equity Training
If you are interested in applying to join one of our CRN Teams, please click here.
If you are interested in being a host site for CRNs, please click here.
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call: 414-270-7575